Microsoft Outlook contains all your email, contacts (address Book), calendar events, notes, tasks, journals etc. Just think, how frustrating it could be if you lose all Outlook attributes. If you are highly dependent on Outlook for communications, schedules and contact management, then you realize how important it is to have all Outlook data stored safely.
Let us know, why creating Outlook backup is important?
Process of Backing up Outlook data refers to maintaining duplicates of entire Outlook data to new environment; that can be used to restore the original data when you lost any information from it. Generally, the Backup of Outlook will help you in situations like Outlook email deletion or formatting drive contains your PST file etc. You may also make use of this backup while migrating Outlook to new location.
The thought about losing all Outlook attributes due to above mentioned cases sounds really scary. And Outlook Backup will be the only way to restore your Outlook data.
Methods to create backup of Outlook data are:
- Manual Methods
- Using reliable tools
Limitation of Manual and Import/Export option of Outlook:
You can back-up Outlook manually by copying the PST files/folders using cut paste or copy paste options, to a specific destination. One disadvantage with this manual method is that it takes long time to copy all the files and you may not be able to copy all the attributes of Outlook.
So, the easiest way to copy outlook data is using reliable tool like Remo Outlook Backup and Migrate that creates replica of entire Outlook data without losing single information. It also migrates entire Outlook to new environment and explains how to backup outlook 2010 emails within few minutes.
Remo Outlook Backup tool- way to backup your email…
The application helps you backup outlook PST file automatically including email folders, contacts, calendar items, journal entries, tasks, notes, RSS feeds, settings, rules, e-mail accounts, junk e-mail lists and signatures. It comes with inbuilt scheduler that automatically backup Outlook files as per the scheduled time. The tool provides two options while taking backup of Outlook i.e. Smart Backup and Advanced Backup. Smart Backup allows you to backup entire Outlook attributes. In any case, if you want to backup particular attributes of Outlook, then you can make use of Advanced Backup option.
Remo Outlook backup provides the following features:
- Use split feature to split the backup files in smaller pieces so that they can be saved at different location as per available disk space.
- It is possible to create multiple backup profiles by using this utility.
- Sometimes the backup file may be larger in size so there can be problem in saving it. This tool provides you the facility to compress these bigger files so that you can store them properly at any locations.
- You can create four restore points to take back Outlook to previous healthy states in case any problem comes.
- This tool supports almost all versions of Outlook like 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and Office 365.
- It helps to backup Microsoft Outlook on all major versions of Windows operating system including Windows 10.
- It is possible to select the Outlook attributes which you want to backup and also possible to choose the drive on which you want to store your backup data.
Once you backup entire Outlook, you can move them to new location by selecting Migrate option of this utility. Taking Backup of Outlook data will be helpful in situations like while upgrading OS or Outlook version, while formatting and reformatting drive, while reinstalling OS or while moving Outlook to new system.