It does happen that sometimes you might lose important photos from your Mac system. In daily life, you may experience some other cases which may result in photo loss from your Mac computer. Whenever you encounter any such instances, the data stored on your Mac system might become inaccessible, which may create trouble to those who rely on those images.
Now, you want to get back those missing images from your Mac system. Once you come across such photo loss situation, don’t perform any operation like format ,repartition on that drive and don’t write anything to the drive containing your missing pictures because these tasks may reduce the chances of photo recovery.
Is a lost photos or media files recoverable?
Yes, one can recover missing photos from Mac system with the help of recovery software like Remo Recover (Mac) in no time. It recovers any kind of media files like photos, audio, video etc. from Mac OS X without damaging data stored on it. With its simple graphical interface, one can easily restores lost media files from Mac without taking anyone guidance as it navigates you throughout the recovery process.
Remo Recover (Mac) for photo restoration:
Remo photo recovery software facilitates easy recovery of missing media files with the help of its built in scanning algorithms. First, it scans the entire drive for missing media files that too within the less amount of time. Along with lost, it even retrieves deleted media files without any difficulty. Formatted partition recovery is also very simple with the help of this software.
You can restore more than 300 types of files from all versions of Mac operating system. The software even restores lost or deleted partitions of external hard drive. Remo Recover software recovers data from FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, ExFAT, HFS+ or HFSX formatted partitions or drives. It has an added advantage of recovering files from SATA / SCSI / IDE / SSD hard drives, FireWire drives and USB external drives.
Note: Avoid saving the recovered photos in the same location from where it has been lost.
Reasons that are responsible for photo loss:
- You want to install Windows OS using Boot Camp on your Mac system. While installing Windows you selected Mac partition for format, instead of Windows partition. In such situation you may lose photos stored on that Mac partition.
- Improper formatting of Mac drive will also result in photo loss as it damages file system and make that volume inaccessible. So OS will fail to locate that volume and leads to data loss
- In Mac, hard drive is partitioned with HFSX, HFS+ file system, which is susceptible to corruption. A file system corrupts due to the reasons such as hardware faults, software clash etc. In this situation, the concerned volume which is comprising photos might go missing or lost.
- You may lose your photos available in Mac volume, if you follow improper steps while resizing it or if you use unreliable applications for this operation.
Note: In case you need to resize the volumes on the hard drive installed on your Mac, you can do it using Disk Utility.
In spite of these causes, which lead to photo loss, there could be several other unknown ones causing it from your Mac system. In such situations make use of Mac photo recovery software and regain lost photos in few simple steps.
Try these suggestions:
- Take regular backup of crucial images on any other storage device such as external HDD, CD/DVD etc.
- Try to use, reliable tools while creating partition on Mac computer.
- Be attentive, while performing operations on your drive such as formatting, reformatting, resizing etc.