Olympus XD picture card is the finest compact, durable removable media which can be used in all XD compatible devices like cameras, camcorders and mobile devices. You would have stored lot of important videos, images and audio files in the XD cards. But file loss due to deletion or formatting is the frequently faced problems with XD card. It might have also resulted due to corruption or other software errors.
You might have formatted the XD card accidently and later realized that you need an important file back from it. At such times, you need to stop accessing the XD cards immediately to avoid overwriting. To make it clear, whenever the file from the XD cards gets deleted or formatted, the file may not be found anywhere in the system memory, but it still resides inside, it is just disappeared but not completely erased.
So you can recover your photos and other files back from formatted or corrupted Olympus XD card without any complexities. But to do that, you need a recovery tool like Remo Recover software, which has been designed with advanced scanning mechanism.
Remo Recover – One Stop Solution to Retrieve Your Deleted or Lost Photos from Olympus XD card
Remo Recover application has inbuilt recovery algorithms which deep scans the Olympus XD card and retrieves the deleted or lost photos from it. It can even handle the corrupted and formatted XD card and get back the files within few minutes.
The Prominent Features of Remo Recover
- Including XD card, Remo Recover also supports different types of memory cards like SD, SDHC, SDXC, CF and MMC etc.
- Designed with special algorithms which enables recovery of RAW images taken using various types of digital cameras
- The recovered files can be compressed to ZIP file format to save storage space
- Supports recovery of photos from FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS 5, ExFAT, HFS + / HFS X and many more file systems
- You can save the recovery process using “Save Recovery Session” and later resume the process
- The software also provides you “Preview” option to evaluate the recovered photos
- You can save the retrieved photos or other files to any desired location
Other XD Card brands supported by Remo Recover
Kingston, Sony, HP, Samsung, Transcend, Lexar, SanDisk, Panasonic etc.
Image File Formats Supported
JPEG, JPG, TIFF, TIF, PNG, BMP, GIF, PSD etc.
RAW Image Formats Supported: CR2, CRW, NEF, ARW, SR2, ORF, MRW, 3FR, X3F, PEF, DNG, RAF, KDC, K25, DCR
Reasons for File Loss in Olympus XD Card
Accidental Deletion or Formatting – Sometimes, you might have accidently deleted the images from the XD card and later realize the mistake. Without checking for the important files in the XD cards, you would have pressed format option which leads to data loss
Corruption of XD Card – If the card has been corrupted due to some technical reasons, then while trying to access the cards you may not be able to open it and message may pop out like “Do you want to format the card now?”, if you opt for format option the entire card will be formatted or else it will remain inaccessible
Improper transfer of Photos – Interrupting the transfer process like cancelling or ejecting the card from the device while the photos are being transferred from XD card to system or vice versa or may lead to loss of data
Using Same Card in Many Devices – Using same card in multiple devices may corrupt the XD card, due to which the photo files of the card may refuse to open
- One of first precautionary measure is to have backup copy of important photos stored in XD Card
- Do not use same XD card in many devices
- Avoid overloading the card with excessive data